Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reunited Lovers In Melbourne - Angeline & I.

SUPER LONG POST WITH HEAPS OF PICS.

Consider yourself warned :) Heh.


31st July 2009
Erna's Birthday Dinner at Giraffe Cafe.
Proceeded to Seven that night for Matthew's birthday bash - all the way from Sydney!
Finally he took a good shot of us!

The que to go in was simply crazy because it was Seven's 2nd anniversary or something. Thank good we bumped into friends that took us in without any hassle, phew!

1st August 2009
I got up for brunch at Hairy Canary with Caroline's bunch.
Group shot.
Samantha.
Birthday gal. Me. Sam.
Erna.

I skipped drinks with them that night because I finished dinner too late and I knew they were gonna leave soon. Instead, I took Steph to Spice Market since she hasn't been there before, and she liked it :)


2nd August 2009

I only slept for half an hour after Spice Market because I was busy packing up my old clothes into China plastic bags. Caroline was suppose to pick me up before 6am to head to Camberwell Market with Yvonne.As tiring as it was, it was worth the experience with these two lovely gals.
Yvonne.

Of course we made enough money to cover our costs and chucked the stuff we couldn't sell at the nearest Salvation Army. Ahhh, at least my apartment would have less trash now :) And it really wasn't even about the money, I wanted to spend all the time I could get with her because she's leaving Melb indefinitely soon :"(

I was SO tired when I got back then I napped for a good couple of hours once my head touched the pillow.
When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was the aroma of Steph's assam laksa for dinner :) Papa, Janice & Deric came over for dinner and J brought dessert too. Man, we should do this more often.

3rd August 2009

There was a knock on my door, and I initially thought it was the building staff coming in to for a routine check on the toilet to look for any signs of leaks.
It turned out to be this. I was pretty confused with the size of the box until I read what was on it and read the card attached.
Lilies & Lindt Chocolates :) Thank you, this unexpected surprise really made my day.

I met up with Darren in the evening since he arrived first. Had drinks with him and his friend, Jon at Cookies before more people came and all of us had dinner at a Jap place at Lonsdale.

Angeline arrived late at night and we just spent the couple of hours yakking away while she packed for her snow trip. Arrive at my place at 1am and needs to leave by 4am til Thurday. Wth =.='

7th August 2009

After work, I came home and rested up before it was time to prepare for Seven. Darren wasn't sure about joining us, and went off to hang out with Jon & Mel first. Angeline & I got a little too excited about clubbing together overseas again. We did not know our limit and things got soooo out of hand haha.

I was intending to drink heaps with Phat, who was nice enough to come down from Dandenong to pick us up and join us clubbing. But it seems like he had to take care of us instead. Everytime Angeline suggested shots like 151 (her reason being M'sia doesn't have it, and it's a cheap way to get high faster), not only did I not stop her.. I said BRING IT ON!!! Ohhh boyyy, wrong move.

To be honest, I kinda lost a chunk of memory of that night and when I started to remember, it was about the same time I got really sick and wanted to chuck up. I only remember drinking jagerbomb as a starter, a couple of 151s with that crazy gal, and Sambucca with Lee.

Apparently, Phat said that I had more after that but I don't recall drinking them at all. I was told that I was spinning around and I even picked up Darren's call only to say I was drunk and hung up. I checked texts I sent (the day after) and initially thought my friends sent them for me -.-"

As for Angeline, she kept disappearing from the dance floor, only to be found at an air conditioned spot many times. When she finally passed out on the sofa, it was nearly an automatic reaction that I felt sick and felt the need to rush to the toilet, where I stayed til it was time to go. Gosh, it was HORRIBLE. I couldn't chuck up enough but was afraid I would if I were to leave the toilet bowl. Siang & Ching came to check on me and comforted me the whole time.

It felt like a mission, just trying to take Angie & I out of the club and into the car. We rushed her into a hospital because she completely passed out after chucking over herself and wasn't responding. Duh, we were so worried.

She was rushed into the ward once we took her in, while I was seated on a dumb wheelchair and covered with a blankie. No idea how but some of the guys turned up too and started taking random shots of me while I was still trying to chuck up all I could into a bag =.= Who else but Lionel la :/

What a tragedy. I shall try to drink a little more moderately from now, and definitely not allow Angeline & myself go near 151s or ABCs, together.
Me. Lee. Phat. Angie. Ching. Steph (Hmm, where did Siang go?)

No photos of the night except for this one, because Angeline realized she lost her camera at the club the next day. Picture courtesy of Lionel.

There were other shots taken that night from other people's camera but none that I want to share - too many defaming paparazzi shots taken :S

Anyway, a big THANK YOU for all of you people that took good care of this two babies :) I know we must have been a big pain.

8th August 2009

Lee picked me up at noon to head over to St Alfred's to look for Angeline. I was glad he came with me because I didn't know if Ching & Siang was gonna look for Angeline too. Besides for being well-prepared with a new set of clothes etc, I was pretty lost and didn't know what to do. I would SO wanna share a picture I took of her at the hospital but I think I'll like to live a little longer.. *shifty eyes*

She had no appetite at all after she was released, so we had a brief meal nearby before he sent us home. We had a nap and I headed out to meet Steph & Janice before it was time to pick Angie up again for dinner. Decided on hotpot dinner since there was some sort of promotion. We stayed in for the rest of the night until Lionel & Lee called us for 'supper' at 5am when they were done clubbing.

9th August 2009

Took Angie out to get a new camera before meeting up with Siang for shopping at Bridge Rd.
3 gals squashed into the fitting room as Siang tried on a dress haha.
Before dinner.
Ching, Angie, Me & Steph.
I love Hwaro's BBQ.
Group shot.

10th August 2009

We headed to Chapel St and then back to the city to walk around again mainly in Melb Central. Dinner at home and then we headed out for drinks.
Ended up at Stalactites for supper.
Steph. Me. Angeline. Mel. Jon. Darren.
I love bread with dips. Yum.

11th August 2009

Angeline's friend, Jeremy took her, Rayy & I to Mt Dandenong.
First stop - Pie In The Sky.
I had my Rendang Pie with mashed potatoes on the side.
We stopped at SkyHigh to take in the view - despite the weather. Oh, it rained 5 minutes after we drove in =.=
Jeremy and his Lumix LX3.
Miss Marple's - such a cosy cottage.
Jeremy was craving for some scones.
Angeline's love (after me, of course) - Sticky Date Pudding. Look at the amount of caramel..
Visited the tea shop next to Miss Marples.

After heading back to the city, we grouped up with a few more friends for dinner at Ying Thai.Flowers are 90% complete. It puts a smile on my face, just looking at it :)

12 August 2009

We spent the noon shopping at DFO, Spencer St.
Angie's been dying to take a photo of the huge ass purse on Bourke St haha.
Another candid shot I like.
Yes, I'm greedy. I was feeling rather hungry and had sudden craving for margarita pizza and spicy sausages.
Dinner with Ching, their high school friend, YeeSeng & his gal at Giraffe Cafe.
Mars Bars Dessert at Grecco's, Crown.
After Grecco's, Boon and Phil came to join us and headed to a nearby bar for a couple of drinks.

13 August 2009

Darren kept his word and took me to Shira Nui at Glen Waverley with him for dinner. I met him right after work but had pre-dinner drinks at a cafe because our dinner appointment was at 8pm.Finally managed to try Darren's all-time raved 'Pan-fried Salmon'.
He liked it so much that we ordered another plate right after ;)
Assorted Tempura.
Spaghetti Salad, but I preferred J Cafe's.
Lamb Cutlets and this is where the 'Feed the Penguin' session started wtf.
Green Tea Creme Brulee, which Darren had the Sesame version. Both were really good.

The penguin was happy and contented because she was fed well. I was so tired after dinner so I called it an early night and stayed in with Angeline for the rest of the night.

14 August 2009

Angeline wanted to give Seven another go so it was where we went.
Belles of the night.
Steph. Me. Darren.
My loves.
Darren. Me. Boon.
Idafi, a junior of mine from primary & secondary school. Swee Hoe took him here since it was the last night of his trip.
Dancing all night til 4am before we finally headed for supper.

It was funny that Lee only called me when he was inside 7 just as I was leaving haha. Would have been easier for him if he just went to Chilli Padi from the start. Supper was rather crap tonight though.

15 August 2009

Woke up at noon and decided to take Angeline out to Docklands and asked Darren to meet us there.
Mucking around.
Somewhat candid shot of her - I likey.
Beautiful, yes?
Awwww, she's finding her inner peace.
When Darren finally got here.
Now there's two little zen creatures. Ohhhmmm...
Soulmates.
So tempted to push him off hehe.
Just one of our moments.
Can never get enough of the harbour.
Lunch time at Fish Bar.
I'll rate it not bad for a person who usually doesn't quite enjoy Fish & Chips.
The cow is facing the other way :/
Getting tired.
I like this shot of them.
Looking pensive.
Macam some celebrity couple hahaha.

After we were done, we headed back to CBD and took them to Lindt Cafe.
Guess what did we order?
Iced Chocolate. Mmmm...

Night came and we headed to Lee's birthday bash at Bass Lounge.
Shaun, Ching, Angie, Steph, Me & Siang.
Duck. Penguin. Bunny.
David.
The gals & Christopher.
Birthday boy, Lee.
Him again, very drunk at the end of the night haha.

Supper at Hawker's Cafe after was so shit, I barely touched my laksa.

16 August 2009


The entire household took a trip to St Kilda Beach just to eat and have a stroll - though it wasn't the best weather to go (but Angeline was running out of time).
My Chicken & Mushroom Risotto - not bad.
Angeline's Big Brekkie.
Rayy's Vegetarian & Herbs Omellete.
If Rayy & Steph swapped places, we would have been standing according to our age haha.
Candid - so Sex&TheCity ;)
One of the reasons why I love walking along St Kilda Beach.
Peace.
Mucking around.
Ah, pretty :) A candid shot taken while Angeline was taking a photo of me.

17th August 2009

Took Angeline out around the city to run her errands etc.
Me - The keyboard warrior.

Lee, Iqbal & I accompanied her all afternoon to look for stuff after a fulfilling lunch at Dessert House.
Greek Dinner at Philhellene, Moonee Ponds.
Group shot.





Desserts at Stokers.
Not the best picture ever, but it felt real.

18th August 2009

We both spent the day at Myer and around the city til dinner time.Dinner at Authentic Thai Taste, Johnston Street with Jeremy & Phat.
Durian and sticky rice in coconut dessert - this was the bomb!
Fruits in spring rolls, served with ice cream.

It was time to collect her luggages and send her off to the airport *sniff sniff* And that marks the end of her trip :(

And this post too. It's getting way too long haha.

No comments: