Sunday, November 22, 2009

That Last Week Of August.

21st August 2009

What a rush after work. I barely had time to get ready for dinner because I had a quick drink with Lee as soon as I got home. I practically just threw on a dress and touched up on my make-up (which I found out to be a real epic fail afterwards).

Shwee's birthday dinner was held at The Point, Albert Park. The manager was really bitchy and refused to allow us to order from the usual menu just because there were more than 10 of us despite him saying he would make an exception when Shwee called to make reservations much earlier. He only served us the group menu which obviously was more restricted.

Anyway, one of the waiters were more diplomatic in handling us and managed to persuade us to stay and get the chef to make the exception (because we were close to leaving and already had made another reservation elsewhere instead haha)Appetizer - not quite sure what it is.Entree - oysters that were so tiny you hardly tasted anything. But they were really fresh.
My wagyu.Janice & Steph.
Janice. Steph. Shwee. Rayy. June.
Birthday girl making a birthday wish.
We got her a LV multicolor key-holder - hope she likes it (:
Mmm, I love Laurent's cake.
Thanks for the lovely dinner, babe! (:

24th August 2009A lunch date with Caroline at Monash Uni. We went in pursuit for my long-craved mushroom risotto - but failed. Mama Duke no longer serves it :(

25th August 2009

Another lunch date at Number 8 with Caroline and Winnie. Caroline is leaving just a couple of days after I fly back to KL so this is going to be our last meeting *sniffsniff*
My oyster entree.
And steak. A tad too dry for my liking.
Winnie & Caroline.
I'm gonna miss you babies. Mummy wants to bring all of you home, but I'm sure I will need heaps of space in my luggage when I return to Melbourne.

27th August 2009
Flew off in the arvo. Found this pretty sunset right before I dozed off.

28th August 2009

I headed to town with my family and had lunch at Grandmama's, Pavillion.
My fish head noodles.

Spend the afternoon looking for my brother's prom suit before we rushed back to the PJ area for other appointments.
Darren decided to take me to the Curve's Library.Because I'm a geek.
That loves to drink.
Sigh, fugly photo but the only one I have with him throughout my entire trip :(
Then we proceeded to have dinner at Italiannies. Yeap, that alcoholic made me drink before dinner.

29th August 2009

Met up with Shu, Angeline & Jon. And guess where am I taken to?
One of Angie's favourite place - Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee.
And pork balls in clear soup.
Oh, Aunt Audrey bought me a cake from One World Hotel's buffet. Like I needed more dessert to fatten me up haha.
Dinner at Leonardo's at Jalan Bangkung, Bangsar.
Stairways from the entrance below.Soon enough we found out it was Ai Ling's birthday.
Dad, very engrossed in a conversation.
My geeky brother.
Mum.
Family portrait (:
The hungry boys.
The pizzas served were gooooooood. This was 'Big Breakfast'.
Vegetarian.
Mamma Mia.
Mixed premium sausages platter.
Portobello bacon.
Breaded fresh achovies with bacon with pimiento tartar dip.
Pork knuckle platter.
This obviously was by far my dad's favourite. Look at him gobbling it down haha.
Grilled assam fish. Yum - one of their specialties for the month.
Still daddy's little girl.
We proceeded to the top floor for the cake-cutting session and drinks.

30th August 2009
My family decided to eat at BSC and we tried out Kuriya for the first time.
Dad's pick.
My tempura udon.
Bro's.
Soft-shell crabs.
Some entree dish with cheese dip. And I ask myself why am I fat =.=

31st August 2009

NG family lunch gathering at a vegetarian place at Desa Sri Hartamas.
Then I met up with Mei Kee for drinks and shopped around (:

No comments: