Thursday, January 21, 2010

Work.

It's been a tiring start to the week. I had an offer to do a 2-week temporary work and I snapped it up quickly.

Gosh, the first day was excruciating because the stock area was a complete mess - an unorganised jungle with so many racks of stuff to be put away that I didn't know where to start. And to top it all up, I wore heels to work. The high ones.

My feet were in SO much pain by the end of the day. Andy was like 50 minutes late due to traffic jam caused by a road accident so I was standing in the cold, in pain and hunger because I didn't have any lunch (did not bring lunch and was too tired to head out to grab anything).

Second day was much better because we started making progress with the stock. I had flats this time and I knew better of what I had to do - enough for the team leader to chat me up about job opportunities in the company. Unfortunately, a showroom consultant isn't what I would like to be doing full-time.
My lunch at Ying Thai - it's a blessing that the place is so near my current workplace.
Beef combination noodle soup - added in all sorts of chilli that they served and it's super yum. Okay, I've decided to have it for lunch once again tomorrow heh.

Today everything was starting to fall into place. The ladies mentioned that they could see a difference from what Bianca (the other temp) & I have done. It was a pretty busy day that I only took my lunch break at 4 when I finish work at 5 =.=

Naturally, I've been either napping right after dinner once I reached home (and then screwing up my sleeping pattern) or went to bed at 11 if I didn't have a chance to nap. But... I miss my night 'life'! Not that you can label it as a life, but I like the pressure of not having to sleep early and doing whatever I want, knowing I could sleep in the next day. Grrr.

I hope tomorrow is pay day - to remind me this is all worth it.

No comments: